Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much HP would i get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much HP would i get?

I just got a 02 black trans am its bone stock only have 17k on it. I got some cash to do some stuff how much would it cost for full bolt ons? and how much HP would i be around? and after full bolt ons probably a cam cause i just cant go with out the sound of a cammed cars idle, not to mention the power haha. Thanks guys.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hard to tell you exactly what to expect. Is your car a m6 or a4? Thats a start. Since you already have the ls6 intake your set unless you feel you really need to upgrade. I would first start out with long tube headers ORY and a decent exhaust. Then maybe some gears. Basics are a must. Intake plugs, wires etc..

Your looking at spendind a bit.

I personally like the K&N FipK. Its pricey though. around $300

Wires id say a set of msd 8.5s. $45

Ngk ttr's Depending where you buy them around $25

Long tube headers can be cheap or bank breaking. Flotech are the cheapest i have seen. but bang for the buck on quality and performance. Pace setters are nice. Ory and Lt's are around $475-$500ish

A decent sounding exhaust i would recomend that looks good on T/A's is the hooker aero chamber. nice and med toned and mean sounding under WOT. $350

This isnt really a full bolt on setup but its a nice start. grand total is around $1200 ish..

or you cn take the other route and start out with suspention.. Ive heard from to many guys that went with the go before suspention that if they did it all over again they would have started out with suspention first.

To each his own. Hope this helps some.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

with full bolt-ons (LT headers, y-pipe, cat-back, lid, ported throttle body, LS6 intake(you already have it stock), and maybe a few more little things) will probably put you around 340-360whp with a 6-speed, a little less with an auto(if auto a stall is a must). i would definetly look at gears if you a 6-speed(but be careful with the 10-bolt rear). after that it all depends on how big of a cam you want. my buddy with full bolt-ons, and a TR224 cam put down a little over 390whp after the tune.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the most ive seen in pure bolt ons was around 380....
Old 10-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Teching In

The best mod I did to my WS6 M6 was a set of 4.11 gears. It doesnt add power but it really helps you use the power you have already to its full potential. You can really feel it pull harder through all 6 gears.

After that I would do CAI and full exhaust. You can expect about 30 HP for that and its pretty cheap.