Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35th anniversary info

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35th anniversary info

There is a car dealership by my work that has a 2002 35th anniversary edition for sale it has the badge on the dash but the car is white. I thought all 35th were red. Is this a real one or a fake? I need to know before i buy it.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Just FYI, all 2002 Camaros came with a dash plaque reading 35th Anniversary Chevrolet Camaro, regardless of trim level.

My '02 SS vert has/came with the same one. Technically speaking, they all were anniversary models since '02 was the 35th year.

The "actual" limited editions were all red w/specific stripes, badging, interiors and such. They were no diffrent from any other SS performance wize, just an appearance package.... I can't seem to find the RPO code that specified it right now.

Just be careful of they are trying to charge you for an anniversary edition, as called out in car guides (KBB, NADA ect). Most dealers will try to charge a premium.... If you look up the value in these guides, they specify 35th anniversary editions..... which are ALL SS packages and fairly loaded up. The truth is there is little diffrence in the prices to boot unless it is very low miles.

Hope this helps....

Allen

Edit: If you are in the market for a low mile (8800) vert, I'm actually debating parting with ours. PM me if you want the particulars.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

All 2002s are 35th Anniversary Editions. You are think of the 35th Limited Edition, which is the red one with the flag stripes.