Sponsored by:

Looking for a good review...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:22 PM
SJP
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good review...

Alright so pops gave me the go ahead on an ls1. Im looking for a 2000+ T/A, and was looking for a good review, my dad wants to read about reliability, safety, etc. You know how parents are.

Yes he knows its a 300+hp car and hes fine with that so don't go down that road, just looking for some good informative reviews, and yes i have searched car and driver, road and track, etc. Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have already read the most popular reviews. Most reviews of our F-bodies praise the power for the money factor, but other areas are not as kind; Cheap and poorly laid out interior, rough ride, quality issues with window motors, headlight motors, ect. Most of these problems IMO are fixable without too much aggrevation, and the engine and drivetrain are very reliable if you take care of them. Sadly, these cars have not faired well in the safety department. It's a combination of big power, large glass rear hatch, t-top roof, and young drivers that have given these cars somewhat poor safety reviews. The airbags and braking systems do help, however. Show your dad the mileage and odometer sticky in the general forum! He will see all of the f-bodies that are still running strong with 150K miles on them or more. That should be enough for you to get the thumbs up!