Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

overheating...sort of

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overheating...sort of

I have a 99 T/A that has been heating up a little more than normal. Running a little over the 210 mark on the gauge(i know its not accurate) and the fans come on and will not turn off once they do, not even while im driving. I had it checked out and was told everything was fine and they couldnt find anything that would cause it. I tried flushing the system and refilling but that didnt do anything. I have noticed a whine coming from the serpentine belt that gets louder with the rpms, could the water pump be putting pressure on the tension arm(it really jerks hard to the left when u hit the throttle). or is it my thermostat no flowing properly? I can think of anything else. the fans can hold the car at a steady temp once they come on but they shouldnt be coming on while im driving and not going off. the air dam is in place so I know its not that. can anybody help?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Veteran

210 degrees is completely normal and is what mine runs at.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Teching In

mine was running at 210 until recently. it is going over the 210 mark and the fans are coming on while the car is moving and normal airflow should keep the coolant from heating to the point that the fans come on
Old 01-31-2007, 09:48 AM
TECH Veteran

well depending on your year, most of these fbodies have dummy guages and will only clue you in when your having a overheating problem. If it makes you feel anybetter my guage read 210 and I hooked it up to an Autotap and told me my car was running around 193 degrees.