Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Clutch?

Just curious if a stock clutch is ok... to use on a TA M6 that is putting down right at 415-425 HP to the rear. My clutch seems to be doing fine right now... only thing I notice is when I stomp on the gas from 2nd gear all it does is spin out all the tires to the redline really fast... I am guessing this would be a tire issue not hooking... but do you guys recommend a new clutch? Which one is good to go with... also I know a clutch is for your transmission obviously.... but it grabs on better.... just not really sure all what it does
Old 02-03-2007, 06:11 AM
TECH Addict

The second gear spinning thing is definitely a hookin' up issue, but you should definitely look inot a new clutch, i am putting down 372 to rear wheels and i have officially used up my stock clutch, i have an '02 which came with the LS6 clutch but it is done, i just ordered and LS7 clutch on tuesday, you might want to consider the LS7, or Mcleod, or a Ram, or Centerforce, or a Textralia, but i don't recommend the SPEC, too many people have too many problems with them, i hope this helps, see ya around...
Old 02-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Teching In

basically , a clutch is made to allow the engine to be running at all times whether moving or not.
When not moving the clutch is disengaged (pushed to the floor), the flywheel is spinning with no contact of the clutch disc. The clutch disc is by itself between the pressure plate and flywheel not contacting them. ( keep in mind the clutch disc is splined to the Trans input shaft)
When engaged/ (clutch pedal not being applied) pressure plate has pressure on the clutch disc which squeezes it between the flywheel facing and the pressure plate.

This assembly is now one with the flywheel rotations now ( whatever the motor turns the clutch disc is turning also, which is connected to the input shaft turning that) transferring energy through the trans input shaft and so on to the wheels.

Hope that helps a little man , if thats even the kinda answer you were looking for.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oakleyman
basically , a clutch is made to allow the engine to be running at all times whether moving or not.
When not moving the clutch is disengaged (pushed to the floor), the flywheel is spinning with no contact of the clutch disc. The clutch disc is by itself between the pressure plate and flywheel not contacting them. ( keep in mind the clutch disc is splined to the Trans input shaft)
When engaged/ (clutch pedal not being applied) pressure plate has pressure on the clutch disc which squeezes it between the flywheel facing and the pressure plate.

This assembly is now one with the flywheel rotations now ( whatever the motor turns the clutch disc is turning also, which is connected to the input shaft turning that) transferring energy through the trans input shaft and so on to the wheels.

Hope that helps a little man , if thats even the kinda answer you were looking for.
Great thanks! Never really have known all that, a big help.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stock clutch dont' like 400 HP. The tires spinning is very close to the clutch slipping at redline too. make sure its not slipping and its the tires.