Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Lid Question... Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Lid Question... Installation

Trying to install the slp lid that came in mail today.... The little sensor that is on the stock lid.... that fits in the 3/4" hole on the SLP lid.... what goes in there.... I am trying to remove the one from the stock lid to put in place on this lid... but it will not come in... even got the KY Jelly... lol dont ask... to get it out... but I couldnt get it out! Anyone know what you are supposed to do?

Also there is about a 1" hole on drivers side of the lid.... they have a black plastic piece that goes into there... but what about the hose that was running to it? I read in a later post you just zip tie it off.... does that effect the car at all.... just tighten it up really good..?

Sorry I know this is supposed to be easy... just unsure!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 02-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try heating the plastic around it with a hair dryer. after a few minutes, the heat should make the plastic expand and the sensor will pop right out.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i didnt want my hose out there like that, so i bought a retarded little filter at the auto parts store
Old 02-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by osvaldo
i didnt want my hose out there like that, so i bought a retarded little filter at the auto parts store
just stick a small filter inside the hose and clamp it?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
try heating the plastic around it with a hair dryer. after a few minutes, the heat should make the plastic expand and the sensor will pop right out.
great, thank you
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by freni32
great, thank you
np. i live to give lemme know if it works.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Launching!

When I read installs, they talked about how difficult getting the sensors out were (and how to not destroy the grommet).. They said the same about changing sparkplugs which was EASY as pie, to me.

Anyways, What I did to get mine out.. hold the lid between your legs, or in your lap.. whatever.. Get a flathead screwdriver and stick it between the sensor and the grommet. Use your other hand to kinda push on the EDGES of the sensor from inside the lid. TWIST the screwdriver, to pry it out a little bit. If it comes up a bit, keep applying pressures from the inside.. put the screwdriver on the opposite side of the sensor and repeat. This will pop it out equally.. it should probably pop right out, at that point. Mine did, with no damage to the grommet. Then you can squeeze the grommet through the plastic, no problem.

As far as that 1" hole.. I set it up like the diagram shows. I connected the other hose to the hose provided, and It seems to wrap around the radiator quite nicely.. I did ZIP-TIE it off, to one of the radiators.. it was in a perfect position to tie it off to, and routes it nicely. The only problem I had with the lid was getting the 4 tabs to fit into the default grooves (to secure the rear of the lid in-place). It's kind of a PITA.. it's a really tight fit, unlike the stock lid. Anyone else witness that on theirs?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned

I got mine to come out... just used the blow dryer on it for about a minute or so and then it popped right out very easy! Thanks for the tip!

putting those 4 tabs in place to secure the lid was a very very tight fit, took about a minute... just use both hands and keep playing with it.... finally snapped into place!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

the hose didnt fit into the side.. I went to autozone... bought one of those heater hose that connects to rubber hoses... just extended it into the hole and then clamped each end... made a good fit.