Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty modding

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Warranty modding

alright so Ive been thinking about this all night and really want to know everyones opinion on it. I'm trying to find out exactly what all i can do to my car without screwing up my warranty? If anyone has any clue as to how i can find out please let me know or if you have a warrantied car with mods and get away with it please post up. thanks LA
Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Teching In

A friend of mine is going through the same problem with his collectors edition T/A, the only thing that he put on was a K&N Air filter and Nitto Drags, but thaks for the post hopefully i get some tips too so that i can help my buddy out.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

i have a warrenty on mine, i have a pro 5.0 shifter and k&n and flowmaster, they don't really care about that stuff, they just won't warrenty it obviously because they aren't GM parts. I don't see how tires would matter anyway, they're just not going to cover them under the warrenty
Old 02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

SEARCH

.....in order for them to deny warrenty on something when yo utake it in they ahave to have proof and declare that the reason for denying warrenty is directly related to the aftermarket part installed. another words if you break your trans and all you have is a cat back obviously they will warrenty it....however if you installed 4.10's an then broke your rear therey not gonna warrenty it. still, many places can be dicks about this and you just better bet that if you mod the car you will run risk of having warrenty work denied..its not rocket science just read the warrenty statement that came with the car etc... it will say right in thre all about what will void the warrenty or just call a local dealer.

just my .02
Old 02-16-2007, 12:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I lost my warranty over Nittos on the back.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can usually get away with bolt ons.....youll also have to keep cats and air pump.....no drag radials because of the "possible" damage to the drive train....

i had the stingiest of warranty companys....and i was able to have a ported tb, cutout, lid, ls6 manifold, lca's, phb, stb, no egr....