Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Title Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Title Help

Well I just purchased a car from a friend but has no title. The car has been owned by a few people i know (all with out a title) to build a dirt track car but havent had the time to do anything with it. Its a 89' FoxBody hatch in good condition. The previous owner before all of my friends pulled the motor and trans, sold it and gave the car to his uncle and moved away and was killed in a car accident years later. The uncle sold the car with out a title for the use of a dirt track car but its in very good condition. I was just wondering how to come about in making it legall in my name. I have done a bit of Googling and found International Titling Svc but it works only with 88' and older (which is printed in the door jam but the vin states its and 89'). Wondering if anyone has heard of how to obtain a title. I do not know who the original ower was, or his location. The car was last tagged in 04'. I would love to put this car back on the street as for i have a motor and trans waiting to be dropped in. Any help or comments would be greatly app. thanks.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Launching!

call your local notary or court house or your states DOT and ask them. titling a car is different from state to state, and the laws change as well.

hell, go onto your states DOT web page, and on there somewhere you should be able to find some kind of copy of your states motor vehicle laws. look through that see what the law is regarding titling.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've got a 79 foxbody with 86 front clip i'd sell ya cheap, clean title. The car has been stripped to make a drag car, but all glass is good, new driveshaft, 15 gallon harwood fuel cell in it. ohh yeah its a trunk car, not a hatchback. It has a 7.5 rear in it, but comes with a 8.8 3:42 posi disc brake rear end.

just thought i'd mention it, PM me if intersted.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

in ga if a car is older than 10 years old all you have to have is a bill of sale to register it so check with your state or local tag office
Old 02-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
in ga if a car is older than 10 years old all you have to have is a bill of sale to register it so check with your state or local tag office
from what i know here no matter the age a title is req, dvm wants me to hunt down the original owner and have a duplicate made in his name and then transfer it but he isnt alive any longer. im going down there in person monday to lay it out, my luck the damn thing willl come back stolen.. wish me luck