Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Polishing engine area

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polishing engine area

So my engine bay has dust all over it etc..I was thinking of just spraying WD40 on a rag and wipe all the metal,aluminum stuff down to give it a little shine but figured to post here first and ask what you guys do
Old 04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Just go with a wet rag first time around and wipe all of the excess dirt off. Then just keep going you will be amazed how clean it wil get if you keep working at it. No need to get all that stuff greasy with WD-40. When you are done wipe some armor all on the rubber and plastic pieces and it will look great.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just out of curiousity, why in the world would you want to spray it down with wd40? That is one of the worst things you could do! Even armor all is a stretch for me. Its all a dirt attractant imo. Give it a good washing, maybe even unbolt alot of the stuff on the fender wells and wash underneath it and just clean clean clean. You could use armor all or something equivalent in light moderation on the rubber just to get a shine but I would rub as much of it off as possible. Rubber has a natural semi gloss shine if you keep it clean.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use CD2 Engine Detailer - says you can spray it on and walk away, but I spray then wipe it with a clean rag.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
Just out of curiousity, why in the world would you want to spray it down with wd40? That is one of the worst things you could do! Even armor all is a stretch for me. Its all a dirt attractant imo. Give it a good washing, maybe even unbolt alot of the stuff on the fender wells and wash underneath it and just clean clean clean. You could use armor all or something equivalent in light moderation on the rubber just to get a shine but I would rub as much of it off as possible. Rubber has a natural semi gloss shine if you keep it clean.
I didnt mean spray it down with WD40.. i mean spray a little WD40 on a rag and wipe the non electrical stuff like the air filter lid etc..I just decided to get a wet rag and wipe all the dust off
Old 04-06-2007, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

i wipe mine down with a damp cloth. then use meguires detailer on everything