Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Trouble !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seat Trouble !!

THE DRIVER SEAT ON MY 02 WS6 WASNT MOVING AT ALL AND ALL CONTROLS ON THE SEAT WERE ALSO DEAD...SO I OPEN THE FUSE PANEL....AND FOUND THAT "SEATS" FUSE WAS TURNED BLACKISH..SO WENT TO AUTOZONE GOT 12 V FUSE PUT IN THERE ...AND IT START WORKING FINE....NEXT MORNING I WAS GOIN TO WORK....I SAW SMOKE COMING FROM FUSE PANEL...AND FOUND THAT FUSE WAS REALLY BURNT BAD. SO I WENT TO DEALER HE WANTS $1200 TO FIX IT. I CANT AFFORD THAT MUCH....NOW MY SEATS ARE STUCK ....WUT I CAN DO NOW....IF U GUYS CAN SUGGEST ANYTHING? IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MAKE DRIVER SEAT MANUAL.. I REALLY LIKE STOCK SEATS , I CANT THINK OF GETTIN AFTERMARKET SEATS.. I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP ! THANX :
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

you have a short to ground one of the wires that cointrol the seat is pinched and is grounding out
Old 04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

hey thanx bro!!
i unscrewed the seats out,,,i just ordered new leather seats...i will try fix the stock ones for sure...love those ones,,,,and will put them back in...
the track is broken too...that fried up the motor and that burnt the fuse panel...u know where i can get those seat parts. i mean the seat track ..and the motor ?
Old 04-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Call a local junk yard and see what is available. Camero seats and hardware should work.