Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newb fuel pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default newb fuel pump questions

i've searched around the forums and found that people are using walbro, racetronix, and aeromotive fuel pumps. what i don't know is if people are using these in conjunction with stock fuel pumps, or do these aftermarket fuel pumps like the aeromotive 1000 REPLACE the stock fuel pump?

i see racetronix's system is a direct replacement, but it's in-tank. are there any inline fuel pumps that replace the stock in-tank pump? i saw a horsepower tv episode on a red 98 camaro ss....i remember they used a holley but i haven't seen much info on it. anyone else remember what that holley fuel pump was and if it replaced the stock fuel pump or was used in addition to the stock pump?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Racetronix F99 fuel pump assembly is the original and best direct factory HP replacement which maintains the fuel system's functionality. Holley, BBK, etc. do not have this product offering. The specific functionality of the factory pump is covered in our ad: http://www.racetronix.com/RX-F99-FPKG-2.html

In-line pumps can not be used to replace the F99 in-tank pump while maintaining the factory configuration and functionality.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-17-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks racetronix. if i am replacing my fuel lines with stainless steel, what size line do i ned? -8? -6? -4? my car is a v6 so the fuel line may be too small for the ls1 conversion, but even if it's the right size, i'd still like to upgrade, but haven't found what size fuel line v8 fourth gens are using.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by demonpixel
thanks racetronix. if i am replacing my fuel lines with stainless steel, what size line do i ned? -8? -6? -4? my car is a v6 so the fuel line may be too small for the ls1 conversion, but even if it's the right size, i'd still like to upgrade, but haven't found what size fuel line v8 fourth gens are using.
-6 with nice radius bends will be fine.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<