New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Rapid Motorsports still in business!!!???

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is Rapid Motorsports still in business!!!???

Anybody know whats going on with Rapid Motorsports in Reading, PA?? I've been trying to reach them for a tune, but I can't get a hold of them for the past 3 weeks!! I'm in Lancaster, PA they're supposedly really good, thats why I wanted to take it there. If anybody has any info it would be much aapreciated. THX
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

go to Harris Speed Works they treat you great there and its only an hour from you i live in Lebanon and when i called Rapid about 2 months ago he didn't seem to give 2 ***** if i brought him my car or not for a tune. He said he is really busy with his SCCA cars and doesn't have much time for guys like me. I have no idea if he does a good job or not, but customer service was horrible!!!!!!!!!! and i'm not one to bitch about that kind of stuff.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 PM

Rapid Motorsports is still in business and he does some of the best work I have found.
I say "he" because it's just one guy for most of it and he has been extremely busy. I know he is traveling a lot right now due to work as well.

Mike has done work on my 2000 SS Camaro. He did an amazing tune on my 97 Vette, and he recently helped me with computer issues to transplant a 2004 GTO LS1 into my 67 Chevy II Wagon.

He can be hard to get in touch with, but he knows his stuff, does excellent work and at a resonable price.

I recommend trying to reach him through email.

In my opinion, it's worth the wait.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard good things about Harris. I'm probably going to take mine up there as they're semi-local and only charge $250 for a bolt-on tune. I got a good reference - guy picked up I think 16 rwhp peak. All he basically had was a lid, pacesetter LT's, the TSP y-pipe and a LM2 catback.

Just a thought if you can't get ahold of the guy at Rapid.

Quick Reply: Is Rapid Motorsports still in business!!!???