Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help?????

I have a 99 camaro, auto with 104,00 miles. I recently got a summit TB, at first the car was great to drive, real spunky.I took it to the track ran it twice. After that it seemed like the transmission was slipping. The car now feels slugish when accelerating, but ok at WOT. The car has a real noisy ride, and its rough is it possible the shocks and struts will effect the ride and acceleration.

Question:
Is the tb causing an issue? I have a spacer, i dont have tc, and i have cruise control so i have two cables. The throttle cable fits fine the other one doesnt is this an issue?

Is the transmission going out? It shifts hard when i accelerate it just seems like it takes more to accelerate now like someones pushing when im going. I just got the transmission completly flushed, i dont know if it was done before. car seems a little more responsive, but is real noisy on acceleration.

If anyone can help id appreciate it. if anyone knows how i can fix that cable problem that would help also. There is no clip to fix anything, and i did a search.(a lot of them)

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my car had 99k miles and i have an auto and my tranny took a crap on me.....if its sluggish with regular acceleration but not WOT it could be so many things....fuel filter and all kinds of stuff
Old 11-30-2007, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

with after market TB you have to check and at times adjust the TPS, I installed one and it seemed to have lost a lot of power, shifts were way too soon, adjusted the TPS to the proper voltage setting and all was good..