Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window issue help

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window issue help

My driver's side window does not go up all the way leaving a .5" gap all the way around. The window goes up and down quickly so I didnt think it was the motor. Took the door panel off and made sure both front and rear window stops are all the way up. Also adjusted the horizontal track as per instructions found on here but didn't help. If i pull the window up into position it just falls down again. The whole window has about a .5-.75" of play up and down but always falls back down. Does this sound like a motor issue or is something else in the door broken?
My passenger needs a new motor for sure (stops intermittantly etc but still always goes up and seals. Also doesn't have any play when pulling the window up and down.) This leads me to think it's something else. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try this... Just roll up the one... with the car on... and just hold it there for about 5-10 sec after the window should roll up. So just hold it untill you hear it "slide" into place.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Teching In

sorry i feel like im not being very clear but the driver window (the one i'm concerned with)-the motor goes all the way up (isnt overheating and stopping) but the window still needs to go up another half inch to seal. If i manually pull the window into place it just falls back down (.5" gap all around) as if nothing is supporting it. It feels as if whatever is supporting the window doesnt go high enough to support the window in a full up position. I thought motor but im not having any of the slowness or overheating stopping of a motor problem. (my passenger window has the a crappy power window motor and stops-the drivers side problem is nothing like this in that the motor doesn't stop and isnt slow.)

Sorry for the rambling

thanks for any ideas
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats a weird problem. It sounds like something is screwd up inside the door.