Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Band Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Band Problems

I am having issues with my car's power band. It doesn't lose power and any certain rpms, but it isn't smooth. It does it all time, although at wot it is some what smoother. It feels like it is shakey as the engine revs. I just changed the plugs and wires last week. That made it run a little smoother, but problem is still there. I have a huge header gasket leaking on the right side and the valve cover gaskets are leaky. And some times after wot it back fires.

Could the shakey reving and the backfire both be caused from the header gasket leaking and makeing the o2 sensors read hella funny???? And there are two codes in it that keep coming back. Both are for o2 sensors.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

definately, a huge header gasket leak will introduce fresh air to the exhaust valves and also into the cylinder, if this has been going on for a while, you may have a burnt valve, which might cause it to misfire sparratically.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:15 AM
Teching In

Yeah it does do that some but it only seems to misfire when it is cold. I don't know how long the header gasket as been leaking. I just bought the car like 3 weeks ago.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

That header leak is definately a problem. If the codes are for dead O2s, that's another problem, probably caused from the header leak. Get those fixed and see how it runs.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Teching In

thanks..i just got some gm gaskets the other day. and was hoping i could put them on tomorrow, but thanks to the snow that isn't going to happen.