Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 sensor problem

Hey guys I have mac mid lenght headers a catted y-pipe and LM2 exhaust in my 01 Z28. My car has not been dyno tuned at all either, I went to the local autozone and had them run a computer to my car because i have a service engine soon light on. the computer said before the cat an O2 sensor was bad and if i remember correctly one after as well...... my question to you all is how bad is running my car like this? is this a very easy fix, and how much do you think it will cost? thanks for all your help.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a very easy fix stewaj, the hardest part will be getting the sensor out of the headers, hopefully its not seized in. Just unplug it, take the appropriate socket to it and remove it. Install is the reverse, the front o2's are important, the rear's are not, but if your state is strict emissions you might as well fix those too.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chavez885
This is a very easy fix stewaj, the hardest part will be getting the sensor out of the headers, hopefully its not seized in. Just unplug it, take the appropriate socket to it and remove it. Install is the reverse, the front o2's are important, the rear's are not, but if your state is strict emissions you might as well fix those too.
Michigan isnt strict at all. I have a spare O2 sensor that I can send to you for $25. It worked when I pulled it out of my LT's last week. I put it in a plastic bag to ensure that it didnt get all F*%#ed up. I used an open ended wrench to get mine out. You will need a 7/8 if memory serves me correctly. That way you dont have to buy that gay O2 sensor removal socket.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want the car preforming properly you need both Exhaust Manifold O2s functioning properly.

IF the O2 codes are sensor 2, they are not as relevant.

Around here a new Bosch 02 runs 67-73$

(You can find them ebay for about 53$, just watch shipping charges)