Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights won't work?!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Headlights won't work?!!

For some reason only my passenger side outer headlight work! I figured maybe all the other bulbs were burned out... but bought new and still don't work. I hear a clicking noise when I touch and untouch the plug-in to the light comming from the fuse box that has FAN1 FAN2 FAN3 etc... etc...

Does anyone have any clue as to what could be going on?!??? Is there a certain fuse or relay or something I'm missing?

Help please!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:14 PM

Got a test light? See if you have power and ground at the headlight connector (also check to make sure there is a good connection with the bulb and nothing looks burnt, damaged etc.). The tan or yellow wire is low beam power and the green wire is high beam power. If no power, check relay (swap with a known good relay), wiring, &/or switch. The black wire is your ground. If no ground, check the ground on the top left of the radiator. These wire colors are assuming we're talking about a 4th gen f-body. There are some similarities and differences to wiring depending on what vehicle you're having problems with. I might be able to tell you more if I had a specific vehicle. Hope this helps.
Brian
Old 05-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

Its a 98 Trans Am...

I checked the voltage on the connectors... and they all read 11.54 volts! But only one of the lights works when its plugged in? All the lights are good/new.

Where are the relays?
Old 05-09-2008, 07:45 AM

The relays are in your under hood fuse block where you said you heard clicking. Should be a label under the cover. The relays should be fine if you have power. check your ground and connector.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

WOOOHOOOOO!!!! My headlights work now!!! I just needed to wire brush and spray the connectors with some wd-40!!

YAYYY lol

Now for the turn signals and fog lights!