Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Rough start on engine

88k miles, oil recently changed

i live in houston so ya its always hot so its not a cold cold start

i turn it on, starts up - air fuel gauge goes to full rich

then it feels literally like only 6/7cyls fired up instead of 8 and it starts to shake a bit

after like 30secs it goes back to normal so the air/fuel returns to normal (gauge wise) and the car acts normal

if u try to drive off a bit while its not fully started car acts hesistent as if you are runnin on 6/7cylinders - my old fzr600 had an issue of fouled up plugs and 3 would fire on ignition then once u moved the 4th one kicked in
(as odd as it sounds)

i did reset the car, mods are just regular stuff
air box / some chip ive had on it forever / short throw shifter / coolant skip thingy / cut out
Old 08-26-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigmarky
88k miles, oil recently changed

i live in houston so ya its always hot so its not a cold cold start

i turn it on, starts up - air fuel gauge goes to full rich

then it feels literally like only 6/7cyls fired up instead of 8 and it starts to shake a bit

after like 30secs it goes back to normal so the air/fuel returns to normal (gauge wise) and the car acts normal

if u try to drive off a bit while its not fully started car acts hesistent as if you are runnin on 6/7cylinders - my old fzr600 had an issue of fouled up plugs and 3 would fire on ignition then once u moved the 4th one kicked in
(as odd as it sounds)

i did reset the car, mods are just regular stuff
air box / some chip ive had on it forever / short throw shifter / coolant skip thingy / cut out

these cars dont have a "chip", nor can you get one... are you talking about a resistor in the MAF (commonly called chips on e-bay)? also about coolant skip thingy... are you talking about throttle body bypass?