New Products Showcase Come inside to see the newest hardware!

Important Changes To Kooks LS1 Headers- New Merge Collector and More!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Important Changes To Kooks LS1 Headers- New Merge Collector and More!

George posted this elsewhere, so the cat is out the bag. Since it is a new product I thought I would mention it here also-

A few months back, me and JR at Kooks were talking about what would make the ultimate F-Body header. Witha competive market, you have to keep moving, and innovating, and that is one principle Kooks is built on. I also hate selling the same thing ove and over..and like to help bring things to market to keep my customers excited.

With the F-body header, the first feature that comes to mine to add is the merge collector. We had been kicking around the merge a lot over the last year in convos. On one hand, we have not seen reliable gains with it to justify the cost..but on the other hand, when you make the best production F-body header out there you can't leave anything on the table. So on that fact alone, we decided to include the merge from the start at no added cost. Then, it was a question of what more can you add to put this header over the top? That is where the extra O2 bung for wideband tuning comes into play. The extra O2 Bung is a production first for an F-body header and only the second time Kooks has ever included it standard on a production product. It's not even offered in the Corvette header yet! With the proliferation of wide band tuning out there, we saw a lot of customers trying to get an extra O2 bung special ordered from the factory on their headers. This normally added weeks to the order time along with a bit more cost. Looking at the requests, we said screw it (no pun intended), and threw in an extra O2 bung standard along with a removable screw cap to close it when not in use.

All new F-body headers will include these two features (stamped merge, and extra O2 Bung) at NO added cost! All part numbers are the same, and these products are in production now. Additionally, Kooks has reduced the price of the catted Y-pipe (PT# 6502) by $50 which makes their F-Body system the best value of all the premium headers out there!

While these headers are in production now, and us specifically are sending them standard...if you order from another Kooks dealer, you may want to ask beforehand to ensure you get the new header to prevent confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sales Pitch]
Looking for a killer deal on these?

Check out our Kooks sale here, where you can get free coating, or lower than website call for pricing!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/854477-spring-thaw-header-sale-save-kooks-w-free-coating-pacesetter-more.html

All headers ordered through us will be this new design!
[Sales Pitch/]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, to show you just how much we worked with Kooks to bring this to market...they sent us the first prototype off the line

Here are some pictures..include one comparing the old collector to the new merge one. This header is a 6501-RHS race header with 1 7/8" Primaries, and 3" Merge collector.

Last edited by MarylandSpeed; 06-14-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Important Changes To Kooks LS1 Headers- New Merge Collector and More!