Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single nozzle vs. dual nozzle

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Single nozzle vs. dual nozzle

I bought a dual nozzle kit off the board this summer (mainly for the price) and was wondering what (if any) are the positives of running a dual nozzle setup vs a single nozzle? I haven't installed it yet and was thinking about just doing a single nozzle and holding on to the other nozzle for a spare.

Thoughts, suggestions?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheBiz
I bought a dual nozzle kit off the board this summer (mainly for the price) and was wondering what (if any) are the positives of running a dual nozzle setup vs a single nozzle? I haven't installed it yet and was thinking about just doing a single nozzle and holding on to the other nozzle for a spare.

Thoughts, suggestions?
mainly i think it will scare more local mustang owners and it looks cool
Old 11-25-2008, 09:21 PM
LLC
Staging Lane

Depending on the nozzles used they are rated at a max shot as they will only flow but so much fuel and nitrous at the suggested pressure levels. If a nozzle was rated at max a of 200 then not only is it peaked out as flow goes at a 200 jetting, at this level the nitrous is feeling pinched and the fuel has a hard time sticking to it. By using two of these nozzles and jetting each nozzle at a 100 shot to obtain the 200 shot there is more flow and better nitrous/fuel distribution. Higher horsepower levels are gained this way also.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LLC
Depending on the nozzles used they are rated at a max shot as they will only flow but so much fuel and nitrous at the suggested pressure levels. If a nozzle was rated at max a of 200 then not only is it peaked out as flow goes at a 200 jetting, at this level the nitrous is feeling pinched and the fuel has a hard time sticking to it. By using two of these nozzles and jetting each nozzle at a 100 shot to obtain the 200 shot there is more flow and better nitrous/fuel distribution. Higher horsepower levels are gained this way also.
Thats what I figured. You would get better atomization with 2 nozzles. Would there be a bigger threat of "pooling"? Or do the 2 smaller shots eliminate that?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Atomization is the process of the nitrous flow breaking the fuel into smaller droplets...by having many small droplets you are increasing the surface area of the fuel exposed to "air"....this speeds up the process of converting the liquid fuel to vapor. In an ideal system the engine will be ingesting gas phase nitrous and fuel.

By using two nozzles you have doubled the distribution points where the nitrous can "atomize" the fuel. This will slightly improve overall atomization and distribution. For small shots the biggest difference is looks.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
Atomization is the process of the nitrous flow breaking the fuel into smaller droplets...by having many small droplets you are increasing the surface area of the fuel exposed to "air"....this speeds up the process of converting the liquid fuel to vapor. In an ideal system the engine will be ingesting gas phase nitrous and fuel.

By using two nozzles you have doubled the distribution points where the nitrous can "atomize" the fuel. This will slightly improve overall atomization and distribution. For small shots the biggest difference is looks.
Later on when the shot will be increased, it will be a benefit to have 2 nozzles. I see. I may only install one nozzle now, and do the second when I up the shot later on down the road.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Single nozzle vs. dual nozzle