Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brands of jets compatible with hsw and 3 to 5 wire maf queston

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default brands of jets compatible with hsw and 3 to 5 wire maf queston

i have the hsw dry plate kit, and i need some jets bigger then the .44s i have in it now. the local shop was gonna order me some jets but i think he got nos jets, and from what ive read hsw uses a bigger base? so what other brands can i use, i would like to stick with stainless steel.

also im going from a slp lid and stock maf to a fast toys 85mm lid the ftra and a 85mm maf. will the caspers 3 to 5 pin wiring harness adapter affect any thing with the interface?

any one want to buy some hsw stainless steel jets, have 2 of each. 75hp, 100hp, 125hp and 150hp
Old 12-25-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When HSW comes around maybe they will trade you if ya cover shipping, maybe? Yes the NOS style jets are of a smaller base diameter. IMO, you should stick with the HSW jets as all are not created equal that's for sure. They have a machined radius on the in and out on the orifice so less chance of restricting the flow like the non radius styles can do. This also eliminates the chance of phase change happening. Sticking with SS will also eliminate the corrosion we see with brass jets.

Now that you are 5-wire and probably got a 3 wire kit, may or may not require something, but I will let them answer this. The 3-wire requires tapping into the IAT tan wire, where as the 5-wire has the IAT tan wire included in the MAF harness. So the answer would likely be, still tapping into the IAT wire, or changing to a 5-wire Interface. But lets let Mike or Nick give a for sure on what to do.
Robert
Old 12-27-2008, 09:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bad6as
i have the hsw dry plate kit, and i need some jets bigger then the .44s i have in it now. the local shop was gonna order me some jets but i think he got nos jets, and from what ive read hsw uses a bigger base? so what other brands can i use, i would like to stick with stainless steel.

also im going from a slp lid and stock maf to a fast toys 85mm lid the ftra and a 85mm maf. will the caspers 3 to 5 pin wiring harness adapter affect any thing with the interface?

any one want to buy some hsw stainless steel jets, have 2 of each. 75hp, 100hp, 125hp and 150hp
I will send you a PM on monday. I have to take a look at the drawings when I get to the office.

You will be fine running the 3 wire interface.

Nick
Old 12-27-2008, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

so the caspers harness has a 5 pin on one side that plugs in the maf. on the other end is a 3 pin and 2 pin. the stock iat plug plus in to the caspers harness. (the interface iat wire in sodered on that wire all ready) and then the interface harness plugs in to the 3 pin on the caspers harness and then the stock 3 pin plugs in to the interface. right?

the dual .44 jets only gave me 110 whp and 140 wtq. would like to get 150whp. what jets should i get
Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

It looks like you are going to be using the internal IAT in the maf? If this is the case, you could go either route.

NOS jets will clear fine. I would start with ~.048. It won't be an exact science to it.

Nick
Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The .044 jet is the single N2O jet rec for a 75hp wet shot (.024 fuel jet). Dual .048s are in fact about 150rwhp.

I noticed that in my Plate Conversion kit that it lists jetting only for wet kits, and no jetting for dry hits which use dual n2o jets. However, something that HSW should address.
Robert
Old 01-01-2009, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

ahh, that makes since. i called hsw yesterday but they where closed. ill try again tomorrow. .48 here i come=)