Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet/dry shot

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wet/dry shot

im thinking about trying a wet and dry shot at the same time 100-125 wet through a plate and 75-100 dry through the meter and was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this kind of setup..
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
FormerVendor

sure lots of people have run this setup. Usually the dry is the first stage and come in with the wet plate on the second stage
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am more of an all around wet kit guy but everyone has there own preference. I have set many dual stage cars up with the first stage dry and the second stage wet. I have also set many dual stage wet kits up and I prefered the ease of tuning and the results I got from the dual stage wet.

We offer both set ups either way but If it were my car I would do one of our dual stage plate kits and be done with it.
Dave
Old 01-21-2009, 01:58 AM
11 Second Club

so a dual stage wet kit would be better.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dual staging with a dry/wet is great combo. The sudden Impact dry plate and the Interface offer all of the tuning you will need (a/f and timing pull). All, and I mean every single draw back that was dry hits of the past have been addressed. The dry hit is much easier to tune and a stable a/f ratio everytime. The only draw back would be injectors, but man i see that as no real draw back as most modded motors will need them anyway, so depends on your current mods. A small dry and a wet, a great choice imo. Whens the last time you heard someone say don't put bolt ons and mod your car, you may need injectors, that is ridiculous, imo. PM Beer, he has done a very nice and succesful dry/wet combo. I think he did nozzle dry and wet plate? Last year I removed my 3rd stage wet as i couldn't find any benifits in running it, and now have all 3 dry on the stock PCM. so that could even be another option, dry/dry...
Robert
Old 01-21-2009, 06:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robert56
Dual staging with a dry/wet is great combo. The sudden Impact dry plate and the Interface offer all of the tuning you will need (a/f and timing pull). All, and I mean every single draw back that was dry hits of the past have been addressed. The dry hit is much easier to tune and a stable a/f ratio everytime. The only draw back would be injectors, but man i see that as no real draw back as most modded motors will need them anyway, so depends on your current mods. A small dry and a wet, a great choice imo. Whens the last time you heard someone say don't put bolt ons and mod your car, you may need injectors, that is ridiculous, imo. PM Beer, he has done a very nice and succesful dry/wet combo. I think he did nozzle dry and wet plate? Last year I removed my 3rd stage wet as i couldn't find any benifits in running it, and now have all 3 dry on the stock PCM. so that could even be another option, dry/dry...
Robert
i have a wet plate and was going to use nozzles for the dry..
thanks for the info robert..