Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Kit Install Write-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Nitrous Kit Install Write-up

Just throwing it out there. But from all the magazines I have read, and general book write-ups there is not a F-body specific install that goes from the parts needed, the install consisting of wiring, and placement of solenoids and little tips and tricks. The best I have seen is like a Zex kit, a TNT power ring, and a dry shot (on a LT1 impala). It could be either a nozzel or plate, or both!

I am just surprised there is not a sticky on it.

Does anyone have one.

This is the only one I found, and it doesn't work....

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/guides.htm (nitrous)

I have a good understanding, but there are people far more exp then me and frankly there are some who have no exp. There are some great basic info in the current stickies, if no one knows what a solenoid is or what actually Nitrous but for those who look to take that step farther.

Example: routing lines, wiring up switches, where to wire up the window switch, nozzel placement, bottle placement etc etc. In one comprehensive start to finish article.

Discuss!

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 02-04-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually the instructions are sufficient for the mounting and plumbing portion. All the tips and tricks are in the wiring. You can learn alot from seeing other people's installs. I've seen bits and pieces of wiring tips throughout various posts, but you're right, there is nothing that puts them all in one place.

The key thing IMO is to be creative. What one person thinks looks clean, another might think it looks like garbage. It's all up to the owner.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The hardest part for me installing my kit was finding where to mount the solenoids and the window switch. After that is wasnt to bad, it cam together pretty quick and looks very clean.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the brackets from HSW that came with my kit, it mounts the solenoids on the front portioni of the intake. you can make your wiring look factory if you zip tip as many wires together as you can and then hide them with some black wire conduit from advance or pepboys. The best place to route your wires is through the firewall grommet behind the pcm on the passenger side. Then it easy to hide them all under the dash. I used an HSW ashtray switch for all my switches and a Microedge controller (also by HSW) which I drilled a small hole in the lower corner of my center console for the wires and velcroed it to the underside of the lid. all my wires run under the passenger side of the dash, past my shifter and into my center console. Its all very hidden and not hard to do.