Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF - New kit on a G8 not working properly

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF - New kit on a G8 not working properly

Okay, I just installed a dry kit from Harris Speed on my G8 Gt. I went to spray it and you can here the car start to go on the intial hit but then the rpm starts to jump up and down. Almost like it wants to go and then bogs down a little. Obviously scared, I got off the throttle since I didn't want to blow the motor on my car with 3K on the odometer. So, any ideas of why this would happen? It is a dry shot and I was only using 75hp jets, it is a dual nozzle set up. I'm thinking my nozzles might be to close to the maf. I put in a Volant intake and the maf connects right to the front of that. So I ran the lines thru the filter and they seem very close to me. The instructions said 3-5 inches away from the maf though. I would pull the lines back a little further but this filter is weird. It's a paper filter that looks like a big cylinder and I had to hollow out the middle to put the lines in. So if I pulled them back any I would just be spraying on the filter and it would be shooting out of a small hole that is again, right in front of the maf. I was thinking about getting a K&N cone type filter and just bolting them into the front of that instead. Anyone else have a problem like this before? I hope that explains it well enough, I think you would have to have seen a Volant filter to get a good picture of what I'm talking about. Any suggestions are welcome. Oh and the idea of this kit was to be completely hidden. The volant intake is a box that has a lid on top, so once the lid is on you can't see it.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pull out the nozzle and see if it sprays at all have one of ur buddies hold it and keep away from anything and hold the button for atleast 3 secs and see if its a steady stream and if so then i would say put the nozzle back and go for a drive again to see what happens....if it dont spray or sprays then dont and sprays again...i would say you have a electrical problem with either the ground or power being a shitty source...but try that and repost