Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

burbling and popping...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burbling and popping...

OK I have been ttying to get my 100 shot dry kit going.. It was working mediocre with NGK TR5's gapped at .035. I put in TR6's and now on the spray it burbles and pops. WTF? Everyone on here is like TR6's for a 100-150.

Should I just put the TR5's back in and play with timing and fuel?

Im pulling 5 degrees with the 100 shot and I'm running on 100 octane. If this helps. NA tune is around 26 degrees of timing. This is a forged LS7.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by viciousz06
OK I have been ttying to get my 100 shot dry kit going.. It was working mediocre with NGK TR5's gapped at .035. I put in TR6's and now on the spray it burbles and pops. WTF? Everyone on here is like TR6's for a 100-150.

Im pulling 5 degrees with the 100 shot and I'm running on 100 octane. If this helps. NA tune is around 26 degrees of timing. This is a forged LS7.
TR6s are the right plugs. I think 5 degrees is too much to pull for a 100 shot.
do you have the right jets in?? Dont laugh it happens. Your gap is too big try
25-28.
Good luck!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Thanks. I decided to tinker around with the smallest shot I have and It seems to be helping. I put in a .038 Pill. This is supposed to be a 50 shot. I adjusted the interface to the 50 shot, added only 4% more fuel at WOT and pulled 3 degrees of timing and put the TR5's back in with .035 gap.

Believe it or not it felt pretty damn close to the 100 shot when the car was running right.

No popping or burbling. I'm going to get a wideband installed so I'm not just guessing. I'll leave it this way untill I get the wideband. Any suggestions on what kind?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You really should put the TR6's back in it gapped at .030-.035 you are not gonna blow out the spark with a 100 shot unless they are gapped at .050+. Pulling 5*'s is a good starting point for a 100 shot but with 100 octane gas it is a little overkill. You could get away with only pulling 2 or 3 degrees to be honest but there is no need to take any chances. Make sure you are getting non-projected tipped plugs and as stupid as it sounds if you are running a nozzle kit make sure it is spraying in the right direction. another goofey thing to check making sure bottle is open.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Braciole
TR6s are the right plugs. I think 5 degrees is too much to pull for a 100 shot.
do you have the right jets in?? Dont laugh it happens. Your gap is too big try
25-28.
Good luck!
please dont follow this advice.

put a 7 plug in there, 5 degrees pulled is just fine. maybe you lose a bit on the dyno (a few rwhp) but you will gain at the track and live much longer.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by viciousz06

You really shouldn't be running TR5's with any sort of nitrous use and I would be surprised if nothing was damaged while spraying on those plugs. I would suggest giving the install instructions a once over as there is a bunch of useful information in the intro pertaining to the use of nitrous and the steps that need to be taken prior to its use.

I would also suggest going over all of your electrical connections on the kit and verify they are all good. Next step, I would suggest verifying all of your settings are correct on the window switch if you're using one. I would also weigh the bottle and make sure you have a full fill.

Give us a call and we can help walk you through trouble shooting the system.

Nick