Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So many headaches, help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So many headaches, help!

So I just finished an lt1 plate install, or so I thought, and now everything is going wrong. Any help on any of the items will be appreciated:

1. My fuel line from the solenoid to plate ended up getting a stripped fitting when I tried to tighten to the plate, fortunately the plate was ok. The threads on the far side of the fitting are ok, so I took the line off and switched it around. It fully tightened onto the fuel solenoid ok, and leaks a little. Is there anything like teflon paste that is made for fuel lines that i can use as a temp fix until I can afford a new line?

2. Speaking of fuel solenoid, I was trying to get my fpss operation. With key on, engine off, system armed, wot switch off, I have fuel flowing through my solenoid as if it was active, bleeding off the fuel pressure the pump builds before start up. My wiring is correct per products instructions, where is a good place to start checked whats going on?

3. I am mounting my switchs in the ashtray (m6), while doing so there was a small switch that looked like it was the light activiation for the ashtray. It wasnt mounted, no light bulb and in the way so I figured I would just cut it and toss it. When I cut it my rear view mirror map lights went out, and wont come back on. I tried starting the car (first time since install) and the car wont crank. Not sure if it is related to the switch or not. Reconnected the wires and nothing changes. battery voltage is 12.2v, going to hook up a charger tonight and hope for luck. All my fuses are good from what I can see, but still no start and no lights.

4. Is there a way to do rid of the WOT switch and get something that reads TPS voltage to know when to activate the system?

I know there is more but we'll start with that.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

anyone? ttt.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MetalAuthority
So I just finished an lt1 plate install, or so I thought, and now everything is going wrong. Any help on any of the items will be appreciated:

1. My fuel line from the solenoid to plate ended up getting a stripped fitting when I tried to tighten to the plate, fortunately the plate was ok. The threads on the far side of the fitting are ok, so I took the line off and switched it around. It fully tightened onto the fuel solenoid ok, and leaks a little. Is there anything like teflon paste that is made for fuel lines that i can use as a temp fix until I can afford a new line?

2. Speaking of fuel solenoid, I was trying to get my fpss operation. With key on, engine off, system armed, wot switch off, I have fuel flowing through my solenoid as if it was active, bleeding off the fuel pressure the pump builds before start up. My wiring is correct per products instructions, where is a good place to start checked whats going on?

3. I am mounting my switchs in the ashtray (m6), while doing so there was a small switch that looked like it was the light activiation for the ashtray. It wasnt mounted, no light bulb and in the way so I figured I would just cut it and toss it. When I cut it my rear view mirror map lights went out, and wont come back on. I tried starting the car (first time since install) and the car wont crank. Not sure if it is related to the switch or not. Reconnected the wires and nothing changes. battery voltage is 12.2v, going to hook up a charger tonight and hope for luck. All my fuses are good from what I can see, but still no start and no lights.

4. Is there a way to do rid of the WOT switch and get something that reads TPS voltage to know when to activate the system?

I know there is more but we'll start with that.
Item #2 likely you plumbed the fuel noid wrong. There should be an inlet and an outlet (and maybe a flow through depending on your noid). Make sure the inlet is on the fuel system side and the outlet goes to the plate.

#4 Yes, any of the vendors Nitrous Outlet/HSW/Dynotune can help you with that.