Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adapting my N2O setup from my old LT1 to new LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Adapting my N2O setup from my old LT1 to new LS1?

I've got a Nitrous Works wet kit on my car that I used to spray a 150 shot on my LT1. I'm working on getting a tune soon and buying some more nitrous parts, but my question is: will I need to adapt anything on the nitrous system to be able to work with the new LS1 fuel pressure? I assume I will at least need to change the jets on it. On the N2O card, it says for N2O use X jet, Fuel use X jet @ 40psi. So, what will that mean for a ~58psi LS1? Thanks

BTW it has a Racetronix fuel pump in.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HoLLo
I've got a Nitrous Works wet kit on my car that I used to spray a 150 shot on my LT1. I'm working on getting a tune soon and buying some more nitrous parts, but my question is: will I need to adapt anything on the nitrous system to be able to work with the new LS1 fuel pressure? I assume I will at least need to change the jets on it. On the N2O card, it says for N2O use X jet, Fuel use X jet @ 40psi. So, what will that mean for a ~58psi LS1? Thanks

BTW it has a Racetronix fuel pump in.
the only thing u should have to adapt is the fuel jet since the ls1 still retains the #4 schraeder valve like the lt1 does, but i do know that some of the jetting is different on the nitrous works kit... for instance a 100hp shot called for a 55 jet where most kits called for a 52.... The jetting they had went to 125 on the universal kit, and u had to buy the "upgrade" kit to spray more which came with jets and a new nozzle... did u purchase this or.... and i am assuming ur using a fogger nozzle on this... here is a link to a jet calculator to adjust and find the right jetting....
http://www.ny-trex.com/calculator.php
Old 07-09-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I assumed I would not have to change the N2O jet. The kit came on my car when I bought it. The LT1 had a plate setup, now I'm gonna use a fogger nozzle.

Since supposedly the jetting is different for the Nitrous Works, should I just follow exactly what the jet calculator guideline says?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If nothing else it will give you a place to start. You need to verify your A/F ratio so your not too lean or rich til you get your fuel jet where it needs to be.