Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSW Microedge Gear Lockout/RPM Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSW Microedge Gear Lockout/RPM Issues

Hey everyone, I have been emailing back and forth with Nick at HSW about setting up the 1st gear lockout for my CTS-V and he has been very helpful but I thought I would go ahead and post it here too. The issue that I am having is with the drop RPM. I was looking at my scans from hptuners and it seems that at WOT the rpm never drops below around 4000 RPM throughout a drag pass. The flywheel on this car is VERY heavy so I'm sure that is the culprit.

Does all this mean that there is no way for me to use the 1st gear lockout or basically any of the gearing options of the Microedge? Or if I can how should I set it up?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also sort of think I don't really understand the drop RPM thing very well.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's OK for the drop RPM. What your looking at is to just verify that you change a gear, that's all. If your say shifting at 6200rpm and then you see 4000rpm you have 2200rpms of drop. So you can put xxxxrpm as your drop and the MicroEdge will keep track of what gear your in. also this enables your reset to activate, which also requires a rpm number . So, what we are doing is letting the controller keep track that we are making a shift, and not just letting off the gas, in order to count gears (there is another setting for lifting to gain traction that won't count as a gear shift). Once the controller counts the times the rpm drops for gear shifts it starts looking for the rpm you put in for reset, like 1500rpm, that way the controller stays on all the way through the fourth gear and only resets from beginning after the throttle is let off. Then you are automatically ready for your next quarter pass and gear shifts are counted again...
Hope I didn't confuse you even more, lol.
Robert
Old 07-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Thanks Robert for making a complex idea seel simple and explaining it in a way I finnaly understand! I have been reading a lot of great threads about the HSW products. Can't wait to spray mine post Maf. Let us know your final settings, Spray On!!
Old 07-25-2009, 01:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Coles
Thanks Robert for making a complex idea seel simple and explaining it in a way I finnaly understand! I have been reading a lot of great threads about the HSW products. Can't wait to spray mine post Maf. Let us know your final settings, Spray On!!
Thanks, lol, sometimes i wonder if I make it more complicated than need be.
Robert