Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanna bottle feed my baby

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wanna bottle feed my baby

i'm looking to get a kit, help me out guys. current setup below.....

lid, stock maf, ported stock tb, stock ls1 intake, macs/ORP/slp dd cutout before axle, vig3600, f1 cam, 3.42 in a 10bolt, basic stock fuel pump that has ~4-6k miles. got 117xxx miles on both block and tranny. stock bottom end and stock tranny with no rebuild yet.

what type of kit, dry/wet and should a 100-125 shot be pretty reliable/safe? would i need a change in tuning and if so what should i look for, fuel pump upgrade, etc?

i'm really conservative with my car now, only go WOT a handful of times a year. haven't raced track/street in over 5 years. have had only 60+ passes on my car back in '01-'03. i don't plan to use it but once in a blue moon on the street/dyno/track. thanks a lot for the help.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

I would say get a wet shot and a walbro fuel pump, they aren't that expensive. do you have a current tune that is advancing the timing at all. If not, you probably won't need a tune since the wet shot is the one adding the extra fuel, just have a fuel pump to keep up the fuel psi.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

My current tune does have the timing advanced, just not sure how much. I planned on getting it refreshed/updated once the kit is on.

Now, i've looked at a few wet kits. I found a guy here selling a TNT power ring kit with everything but the bottle bracket and I'm really interested in a single wet shot kit from nitrousoutlet.com, nice kit with everything for under $500.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

The bottle bracket isn't a big deal, I would upgrade to a billet bracket anyways just for convenience like these:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...p?idproduct=54
Old 08-02-2009, 05:24 PM
11 Second Club

This is how I plan to run the kit.....

About half/half track passes in the fall between motor/bottle. I'll only go 2-3 times a month and make 2-5 passes depending on how the car reacts on the given day. As far as street use I forsee thus changing also but idealy I'd use it once in a blue moon (a run with a good car I can't pass on) and that's it. I'm not a hit the switch WOT every straightaway or corner.

Which kit has proven to have the most reliability, consistancy, and results?