Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS plate kit bog...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default NOS plate kit bog...

So I have a 90mm plate kit on my car and everytime I hit it I get a major stumble. It's only a 100shot, but the car is making right at 500hp already. The bog only last for a split second then it pulls like a freight train. Am I sucking the fuel rails dry? Will getting a longer nitrous line help? I really believe this is costing me a good bit at the track.

If anyoe with the same setup as me can chime in I would really appreciate it. BTW I have a racetronix pump and hot wire kit.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:59 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blk00ss
So I have a 90mm plate kit on my car and everytime I hit it I get a major stumble. It's only a 100shot, but the car is making right at 500hp already. The bog only last for a split second then it pulls like a freight train. Am I sucking the fuel rails dry? Will getting a longer nitrous line help? I really believe this is costing me a good bit at the track.

If anyoe with the same setup as me can chime in I would really appreciate it. BTW I have a racetronix pump and hot wire kit.
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge that you can watch to see if pressure drops?

Nick
Old 08-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

You shouldn't be sucking the rails dry with that size hit. I'd put a fuel pressure gauge on the car to see what the pressure drop would be and if it is struggling to keep the pressure up.

If the pressure drops for a split second and then recovers it's not a fueling issue. If the pressure drops and then it slowly creeps up then you might take a looka t teh pump as it may be starting to go. If the pressure drops and never recovers you have a major fueling issue and will need to replace the pump.

If it is a lean spike then the fix would be to shorten the fuel hose by at least 5in if you have the room to do so.

-Chris
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

I dont have a fuel pressure gauge, I wouldnt know how to even get one on there with my fuel line coming off my stock rail? Also the car recovers almost immediately after the bog, and doesnt do it when I shift gears and let off/get back in it. But the bog is bad enough its made my 60fts go from 1.7's to 1.9's. The car picks up about 4mph but only like a tenth off my ET.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Chris@NitroDaves

You can use this to put the gauge on the car http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=3455 .

With the car recovering and what you have described it sounds like a typical lean or rich spioke on the initial hit. Did you happen to get the car tuned by chance?? If so did it do this on the dyno?

-Chris
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah I have got it tuned, but not on the spray. My gauge wasn't working and showed like 1500psi but only picked up 30hp and was way rich, like 10.0's af. And even with it that rich it still did the bog on the Dyno. Would that indicate a Lean spike or rich?