Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the HSW Interface

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
JohnHF Troll Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the HSW Interface

On a 01 silverado how much timing can it pull without any tuning software? I want to spray 175 dry on a post maf single nozzle. I can get access to a wideband for dialing in the AFR and possibly HP Tuners to pull more timing if need be. Im not dead set on the interface, any advice on what to do/buy for my goal? Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question, I am looking for a unit right now myself, I am going to give harris a call tommorrow about this question. I am upping the shot to 200 and figure of pulling about 8-10 degrees timing, from my understanding the harris unit only pulls around 3. So I am gonna call them, They are great guys to deal with, I just put in my second order for the rest of my stuff on friday. Super guys. I will try to post up what I find out
( IF HSW doesnt post the response first,,,which they probably will) Like I said they are great guys.

The other controller that I know of is the lingefelter launch controller, 280$.
It will pull up to 15 degrees.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

you can pull up to 3 degrees with the stock iat spark advance tables thru the interface on the ls1 f & y bodies and truck platforms. Although you can modify those tables to pull more timing via tuning software. Your going to need to pull 4-6 degrees with that 175 hit. Imo you will definately need tuning to modify the iat spark advance tables. That way the interface can pull more timing than the stock settings will allow.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
you can pull up to 3 degrees with the stock iat spark advance tables thru the interface on the ls1 f & y bodies and truck platforms. Although you can modify those tables to pull more timing via tuning software. Your going to need to pull 4-6 degrees with that 175 hit. Imo you will definately need tuning to modify the iat spark advance tables. That way the interface can pull more timing than the stock settings will allow.

If you need to pull more timing than that its a 5 minute fix and you can pull an infinite amount of timing.

Nick