Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 specific wiring/location suggestions for PN#8969 Window Switch...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 specific wiring/location suggestions for PN#8969 Window Switch...

I have a 95 Lt1 M6 cammed/bolt-ons/refreshed motor/etc. and plan to spray 100-150 wet shot (haven't decided how much yet). The kit is basically installed, just have a few last minute things like mounting the bottle, hooking up the fuel line to the rail, filling the bottle, and testing the system. Other than that its basically ready to go and already had ION pull some timing with my mail-order tune.

Now to the question... recently purchased the MSD 8969 window switch from a member here and am trying to find the best place to hook up the unit. I am thinking that the center console under the arm rest is the best place because I can set up the ground inside the console (as well as route the wiring pretty well and have it readily accessible if needed. I can figure out the ground/power/solenoid wiring, just not sure exactly where to tap in for the rpm reference circuit (white wire tach output). Hoping some LT1 guys can provide me with the locations and circuits they used in their install.

Thanks ahead of time guys.

P.S. I know there are several wiring diagrams out there for this unit, just wanting to know how the LT1 guys are accessing the necessary wires. PICS WOULD HELP ALOT!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Any info at all would be great. Not sure if the Ls1's have similar wiring set-ups for the tach output or not...
Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put my electronics in my console and extended the wires. Makes it simple to adjust the settings...no pulling over, opening the hood/glovebox and adjusting things.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

Where did you tap into the tach output? Is the lt1/ls1 rpm input on the same interior circuit?
Old 11-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

are you running an aftermarket ignition box?
Old 11-20-2009, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Not yet. I eventually will so I have a programmable two step. I'm pretty sure I found the wire earlier. Its located under the passenger side kick-panel near the a/c blower motor. Connector is blue (connector 230 I believe) with a white wire. Just haven't decided how to tap into it.

If someone can confirm that wire, it would save me alot of time.

Quick Reply: LT1 specific wiring/location suggestions for PN#8969 Window Switch...