Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Direct port setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NX Direct port setup

To my understanding it a direct port without drilling the intake while putting the nozzles on an injector ring...

Anyone have expeirance with this?

Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have quite a bit of experience with that system. I am not a fan of it. It works ok on some applications and not the best option for many others.

Why dont you tell me about your set up and how much you plan to spray and I will tell you the pros and cons with your plans.
Dave
Old 11-21-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoes NXL kits are way more trouble than they are worth... steer clear. I wasted a 1/2 of a race season, and 2 sets of pistons trying to get that system to work. I eventually smartened up, and went with a traditional direct port for that motor.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I burned up an engine testing those out as well. Dave can vouch. They pull a vaccum on the injector if you spray more than a 150 shot. Neat design but it is just too hard to tune it.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet;12526384]I have quite a bit of experience with that system. I am not a fan of it. It works ok on some applications and not the best option for many others.

How does this compare to the NX shark nozzle direct port..Is it just with the NXL direct ports or all NX direct ports such as the shark nozzle one

To the op sorry for the highjack,but thought it might be somewhat helpfull to you as well
Old 11-22-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

NX Direct ports with shark or pirahna nozzles work great, the problem is with the NXL nozzle itself. Like Tony said the NXL pulls a vac on the fuel injector, and traditional jetting goes out the window.

[quote=john563;12528722]
Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I have quite a bit of experience with that system. I am not a fan of it. It works ok on some applications and not the best option for many others.

How does this compare to the NX shark nozzle direct port..Is it just with the NXL direct ports or all NX direct ports such as the shark nozzle one

To the op sorry for the highjack,but thought it might be somewhat helpfull to you as well