Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to spray my new build.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to spray my new build.

i'm in the process of putting together an ls1 here's what ive got so far. Goal is 450-600HP Range. through an A4
Stock CI
Diamond Street/Strip Pistons -2cc V.R.
Eagle H-Beam Rods.
Stock Crank. Polished.
Trex Cam.
All ARP Bolts.
LS7 Lifters.
Ls2 Trays.
160degree stat.
PRC 5.3 2.5 Heads w/double springs good till 650 lift.
Ls6 PCV
Ls6 Intake Manifold
Ported ls6 oil pump
MSD Ignition/Wires
SLP Lid
Hardend Pushrods
ceramic L/T headers w/full exhaust.
UD Pulley
yella terra rocker arms
add a a/f gauge.

what HP range do you think i'll be N/A with that? since their is a sale going on a HSW i was wanting to spray a 100 wet shot through a plate system.

just wondering what the HP should be with that setup to see if i need the spray.

Tuned By Jesse Bubb @ www.wait4meperformance.com . in person tuning.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

If you are going to spray, Forget about using any Eagle products and also replace the crank... Go with Callies on both, if money is tight you can run the Compstar line from Callies.. Eagle (also known as EGGLE at the speed shop) mainly because the rods become egg-shaped under abuse... However, they build lots of race engines and refuse to use EGGLE unless it is just a show car, that wants to spin the tires and brag about HP , but never takes it to the track... Just save your money make sure you use forged bottom end and spray away... They built me an old school 507 big block chevy that turned 752 hp on a DPAC dyno, all with top of the line Callies, Oliver, JE piston, LSM .812 lift cam with 1.8 T&D shaft mount rockers WITH a 500HP
direct port fogger setup.. BUT, it is all premium forged pieces that will be able to stand up against the abuse of a 500 shot
Old 11-28-2009, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

If it is tuned correctly it will hold up just fine to a 100 shot of N2o for quite a while. I don't disagree with the above post, but i ran a 125 shot through my stock bottom end LS1 for about 150 passes at the track and finally am replacing the motor. I would say you will probably see between 375-400 N/A RWHP and maybe 475-500 RWHP on the juice.. I could be way off but that is where mine was with similar mods and thru an A-4.