Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Direct Port questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 Direct Port questions

Im looking to convert my basic single nozzle elbow injection kit over to a direct port kit this winter. My motor was designed to handle a 300+ shot, however i've opted to lower the compression and go for boost. In the mean time i want to continue running nitrous (plus i will keep a small shot installed after turbo is in). My reasoning for the direct port is this car is a street/strip/autox/show car, so no matter what i do i need it to look good and also be functional.
Nothing looks, or works better than a well thought out DP setup!

So is it worth it to do a dp setup when i know i will only be running a 100 shot or less within the next year with boost?

What can i use from my existing setup (HSW basic wet kit)?

Is it worth it to do a sleeper setup installed under the manifold?
Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trick450r
Im looking to convert my basic single nozzle elbow injection kit over to a direct port kit this winter. My motor was designed to handle a 300+ shot, however i've opted to lower the compression and go for boost. In the mean time i want to continue running nitrous (plus i will keep a small shot installed after turbo is in). My reasoning for the direct port is this car is a street/strip/autox/show car, so no matter what i do i need it to look good and also be functional.
Nothing looks, or works better than a well thought out DP setup!

So is it worth it to do a dp setup when i know i will only be running a 100 shot or less within the next year with boost?

What can i use from my existing setup (HSW basic wet kit)?

Is it worth it to do a sleeper setup installed under the manifold?

I am kinda in the same boat except I am not goin turbo but I am gonna do a direct port setup and spray with a small shot 150-175. If I was you and if I knew 100 percent I was gonna go turbo I would just leave a plate kit on it . Otherwise you are gonna have a ton of money invested in this direct port setup. Start doing research of how much its gonna cost to do a direct port and you will probably change your mind if you know you are goin turbo.
Just buy the best plate kit on the market and use your current setup and be done til you boost.

You know LT JUANS love a big dose of spray, but I am with you I have ridden in some mean turbo cars and I am inatuated with the pull in the seat feeling.

Quick Reply: LT1 Direct Port questions