Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous question

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous question

what is needed to run a nx 150 shot on a completely stock 2000 m6 safely. does it need a new fuel pump or will the stock one work. how about a window switch and what plugs should i use. also what times should I expect out of it. Right know I run a 12.7 at 111mph on street tires.. thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If it's a wet kit which i'll assume it is, you shouldn't need any fuel system upgrades yet on a stock 2000 until you add other mods or up the shot past 150. Definately go with a window switch on an m6 set for between 3k rpms and ~200 rpms before your shift so you don't bang the limiter on the spray ever. On street tires you won't gain as much as you would on drag radials or slicks, because with a 150 shot you're going to have a pretty big spike in torque and those tires will want to break free real easy. I'd say you'd probably run in the neighborhood of 11.6 or so without moving to another tires. Closer to low 11's with a stickier set. You may want to start lower in the 75-100 shot range and go from there based on how well you can get the car to hook up.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:13 PM
Teching In

thanks. I do have a set of drag radials so i can go either way but just more curious on street tires since i will be using them more so i dont blow the rear end. Any more input would be appreciated also..
Old 12-17-2003, 06:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with blk98bird in someways, But personally At that Hp you might get away with the stock fuel pump and you might not, I would not run nitrous through the stock cat converters for long they are known to melt and or plug / fall apart. Just like blk98 said get some tires and start off with a small shot , on a stock car you will be supprised on what a 100 shot will feel like.