Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making my own kit-What do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Making my own kit-What do i need?

Im putting together a small kit. 50 shot max. I want it small and simple. I have a 2lb bottle and valve so far.I know i need some stainless line, A silonoid, nozzle and jet. Single nozzle system. I want to wire it this way.. On/off switch==WOT switch==hand held normally open button swich==to silonoid. Do i need special swiches? or can i use stuff from radio shack. Anybody know what Silonoid or nozzle i should get??Most will be bought off ebay. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

yes to all..

sounds like a pretty good idea, just take your time and spend some time/money on the switched and connections. make sure that you have good grounds, and you should be able to safely spray a 75-125 thgough the maf w/ no other changes.

i wasnt happy enough w/ the off the shelf stuff, so i made my own as well

Last edited by Vents; 12-31-2003 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. Im not shure what solenoid to use. Can i use a powershot nos solenoid???
Old 12-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 98SS Blackattack
Im putting together a small kit. 50 shot max. I want it small and simple. I have a 2lb bottle and valve so far.I know i need some stainless line, A silonoid, nozzle and jet. Single nozzle system. I want to wire it this way.. On/off switch==WOT switch==hand held normally open button swich==to silonoid. Do i need special swiches? or can i use stuff from radio shack. Anybody know what Silonoid or nozzle i should get??Most will be bought off ebay. Thanks for any help.
Sounds like a good project, but even though it's a "simple" system and you're only running a small shot, don't underestimate that 50 shot's ability to completely destroy your nice engine. Order a Harlan window switch at least... very good safety for $55. If you want a button, you can wire that in too, but use the window and WOT switches as well. Personally, I wouldn't run a dry nitrous system without at least two solenoids in series, just to keep the chances of a locked noid down to almost zero. (Most people don't do this, but I'm a bit of a safety freak.)

Switches are switches, you can use any you like, providing they're rated to the voltage/amperage you'll be using. Use any brand solenoid, and any brand nozzle. (I used NOS solenoids and Zex nozzles.) Oh, and I don't think you'll be happy with that two pound bottle for long.

I put my system together too. Maybe you can get some ideas from my setup. Here's the link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/122179-custom-nitrous-install-w-pictures.html

Good luck, keep us updated.