Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about -an fittings.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about -an fittings.

Sorry I posted this in another section but meant to post it here. Never have much luck in that section anyhow here is my question.

I am trying to find out why I keep dropping fuel pressure at higher Roms, and why my walbro 255 in line is so loud. Just yesterday I noticed that there might be a tiny leak at my fitting right out of the fuel cell. The leak is tiny and the way I noticed it was because looking very close at the fitting it had a tiny bit of fuel on it. I am wondering if this tiny leak is allowing the pump to suck a little bit of air. Do you think this tiny scratch is enough to allow a tiny fuel leak and maybe let the fuel pump suck a bit of air?

You can clearly see this same line on the female fitting but I couldn't get a picture of it at all. You can see the sealing ring and it appears to not has sealed at this scratch. Just curious if you think I am crazy and it probably was sealed, or should I change it out?

P.S. You can't feel the scratch.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

they make little seals (they're more like curved washers) for an fittings too that you could check out. I'd get a new bulkhead and see if that helps anyways
Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can't feel it than it's probably ok.

Some of the in line Walbro's are louder than others. I wrapped mine in rubber before mounting it.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

It wasn't my problem. Swaped the bulkheads and still having the same problem.

The pump must be bad, I pintched off the return line and pressure stayed at 50 for a little wile, after a few secconds it started to raise up but very very slowly as soon as I would rev it at all the pressure would drop almost to zero. Obviously there is something wrong with the pump because the line is clear and the filter in brand new.

Going to send the pump back to summit and get it replaced.