Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to NOS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question New to NOS

Tell me something all, is there a way to hide the whole system so no one can see it? I know I want dry thats about it, anything else short and sweet would be nice. Thanks all
Old 01-24-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can hide it almost entirely. Put your bottle where your spare tire is. I use a key (which goes where your cigarette lighter is) to arm and purge. I bought one for a riding lawn mower at the hardware store that fits perfectly. If anyone asks what it is, I just tell them it is to de arm the passenger side airbag. I use an MSD window switch that I removed the label on and left it in the engine bay. You could hide this anywhere though. The switch on the throttle body is hardly noticeable, so no worries there. I put the solenoids just forward of the airbox and built a cover so you can't see them. The 2 lines that go to my airbox, I just covered with plastic tubing. Nobody has asked yet what they are for. If someone KNOWS what a 4th Gen looks like under the hood, they would see my system. Nobody has noticed it yet though.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone know of any other good places to hide the bottle? I am trying to stay away from the spare tire area, as everyone looks there.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I cut a piece of ply wood, then carpeted it. and placed it where the t-tops go. As long as the trunk is closed you cant see it inside or outside. I ran all the hose under the carpet through the fire wall. I mounted the solenoids & Purge under the airbox just in front of the radiator. Then drilled 3/4 holes in the plastic piece that holds the lid, to run the two lines to my airbox. All you can see is about 2in of each line on each side of the airbox. Looks Great. I mounted the toggle switches under the AC controls right next to the cig. lighter. Made a piece of mirrored plexi glass with 3 switches. 1. to arm, 1 to purge, & one for elec. fans...... BTW If you have the 05177 kit its hard to hide a 15lb bottle.......
Old 01-28-2004, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make a fake speaker box, and put the bottle inside it. Cut out the bottom, cover the nitrous line with that plastic loom crap, put all the wiring in plastic looms. Put rubber hose over the nitrous line that goes to the air box.

Black tape over the selinoids. Or cut a piece of plastic, and glue it to make a self contained box. If your clever you can hide it well enough for nobody to see it at a glance.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

is it possible to hide a10 lb bottle anywhere in the back seat area?
1998 Z28 M6
Old 01-28-2004, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it may be possible to fit a smaller bottle under one of the body panels in the back, besides the one that hides the spare tire. other than that, you could go under the seats i guess, or make a false bottom for the trunk compartment.