Sponsored by:

Dyno results (advice please)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno results (advice please)

Went to the dyno (advice please)
Wanted to post my results and see what others have seen with similar setup. Nitrous kit is a 100shot NOS 5177 dry, spraying into the lid, check sig for pics under the hood.

Just got back from the dyno. first I will post the results from last year. Then post what the results today were.

Dyno 3/15/03
Car last year did 298hp/310tq with a 12.5a/f. This is basically stock with a lid and exhaust on a A4 car.

Today, only change as far as N/A is the plugs. Last year was running new NGK tr55. This year I have the TR6s but they have about 10,000 miles on them. Other then the plugs everything is the same. Today it did 286hp/298tq on the N/A run. A/F was the same at 12.6.

Now on the nitrous run first let me say that the stupid NOS Opener locked up and would not open (bottle preasure read 1050psi, gauge read 900psi. So when he hit it is was basically what was inthe line. The results on what was in the line was 304hp/386tq. Torqe peaked the 386 at 3500rpms then dropped heavily right after (of course this is because it only got the nitrous that was in the line). Now my air fuel on that run was 13.5. Way to lean of course, but I have heard of people spraying this kit and a/f be fine. I have some headers going on in a month, do ya'll think that the headers will richen it up enough to make the 100 dry shot safe, or do I need to buy something to help tune for nitrous?

Shouldn't the Maf be able to compensate for the 100 dry?

also, weather last year was raining. This year it was rain/sleet/snow with a temp around 35. It was a little warmer last year, but done on the same Dyno last year and today!!