Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102 intake...Whats the correct Nozzle used for a D/P system???

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast 102 intake...Whats the correct Nozzle used for a D/P system???

Fast 102 intake...Whats the correct Nozzle used for a D/P system??? Installing a D/P system on my car and need to know what nozzle is used on the fast 102 intake bosses. It looks like a long run..

Rob
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 AM
8 Second Club

It is a long run!

We looked for long reach nozzles but did not find anything that looked right.

We finally decided to use standard Nitrous Outlet nozzles but had to machine the manifold bosses very deep.
I cannot tell you a spewcific depth.....we machined each boss until we got adequate
tip protrusion.

It was kinda tedious, but we saw significant gains going to the Fast 102 and Nick Williams
102 throttle body.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On the cathedral port Fast 102 there is a design flaw. The engineers put a dedicated nozzle bung in a location that is way to thick for the common nitrous nozzle to fit through. When the intake first came out we were machining the intakes in order to get a nozzle in the intake runner.

Now we have a nozzle we manufacture strictly just for that intake. We are the only nitrous company that has a nozzle that will work correctly with that intake. This nozzle is just like our current 1/16 90 degree discharge nozzle but has a longer reach.

I just realized it is not on our website. I will get with THad and see if he can get it added.
Dave
Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
On the cathedral port Fast 102 there is a design flaw. The engineers put a dedicated nozzle bung in a location that is way to thick for the common nitrous nozzle to fit through. When the intake first came out we were machining the intakes in order to get a nozzle in the intake runner.

Now we have a nozzle we manufacture strictly just for that intake. We are the only nitrous company that has a nozzle that will work correctly with that intake. This nozzle is just like our current 1/16 90 degree discharge nozzle but has a longer reach.

I just realized it is not on our website. I will get with THad and see if he can get it added.
Dave
You're welcome!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Now you got me about to go in the garage and check on an intake with a D/P I just bought.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by magnum-gto
You're welcome!
Thats right.... Your were the one that first ran into this.lol

We plumbed alot of intakes by milling out the nozzle bungs and then counter sinking them. Issue with doing this was that out of all the intakes we had done we ruined 2. The casting is not the best and on some castings you will break through trying to machine the intake. Thats when I said screw this, I am making a nozzle just for this intake.

Dave
Old 12-16-2011, 10:56 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Thats right.... Your were the one that first ran into this.lol

We plumbed alot of intakes by milling out the nozzle bungs and then counter sinking them. Issue with doing this was that out of all the intakes we had done we ruined 2. The casting is not the best and on some castings you will break through trying to machine the intake. Thats when I said screw this, I am making a nozzle just for this intake.

Dave
Although we are happy with the performance our setup,
long reach nozzles are a much better answer.

They also open up a whole new area of design possibilities.

Quick Reply: Fast 102 intake...Whats the correct Nozzle used for a D/P system???