Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N20 fitting questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N20 fitting questions

I'm putting together a wet kit and I have a few questions for you guys. I have a bunch of -4 and -6 braided line w/o ends. I saw that summit has "socketless" fittings(aeroquip) that slide inside the line and have ribs to keep them in(I would also use a hose clamp of coarse). Will these work with n20? Reason I ask is beacuse of the high pressure involved. If these won't work do the normal ends w/ sockets just screw on or do I need some special tool. Also NPT fittings fit in solenoids right? If so what size(1/8", 1/4")? What size jets do I need to make a 75 wet shot?

thanks,
Marty
Old 03-23-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't believe the socketless fittings are intended for 1000+ PSI I think the only ends rated for that high of line pressure are collared crimp fittings...
Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brains
I don't believe the socketless fittings are intended for 1000+ PSI I think the only ends rated for that high of line pressure are collared crimp fittings...
ya thats what I thought, but I figured why not ask
Old 03-23-2004, 11:47 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Brian, that's not entirely correct. You can also use -3AN PTFE lines with the stainless fittings that go with them. Solenoids typically use 1/4 NPT pipe threads and you can put a -4 or -6 AN flare on them depending on your fuel line and nitrous feed lines.

Here are some of my lines so you can see that it's not a joke.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Basically the PSI any hose can withstand is determined by the type of hose used(burst pressure) not the fittings or the way inwhich the fittings are installed on the hose. Aeroquip fittings have a nipple behind the B nut which is inserted into the hose then screwed down until it seats on the hose. The insert is barbed and about an inch of the barb is screwed into the hose until the back shell seats on the end of the hose.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DERTY
Brian, that's not entirely correct. You can also use -3AN PTFE lines with the stainless fittings that go with them. Solenoids typically use 1/4 NPT pipe threads and you can put a -4 or -6 AN flare on them depending on your fuel line and nitrous feed lines.

Here are some of my lines so you can see that it's not a joke.
Damn dude, that looks clean too ... I like that
Old 03-24-2004, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Elite_Hot_Rod
Basically the PSI any hose can withstand is determined by the type of hose used(burst pressure) not the fittings or the way inwhich the fittings are installed on the hose. Aeroquip fittings have a nipple behind the B nut which is inserted into the hose then screwed down until it seats on the hose. The insert is barbed and about an inch of the barb is screwed into the hose until the back shell seats on the end of the hose.
so can they be used with n20?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:18 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Marty, You need to make sure that the lines you have are first and foremost rated for 1200 to 1500 PSI+ on the nitrous side and rated for your fuel pressure. The PTFE lines are rated that high in conjunction with the fittings that Elite Hot Rod mentioned, which are the same ones I have pictured. It's a three piece fitting instead of a standard two piece. When you cut the lines you put the nut onto the line. Then you separate the braid from the teflon and shove the brass flare in between there. Shove the fitting in and tighten it up.

If you are asking if you can use a standard wire braided rubber hose to get the job done, the answer on the nitrous side is a resounding NO. Rubber hose at the most is only rated up to a couple hundred PSI if I remember right. You could use it for the fuel, but the fittings look completely different. That being the case, do you know what type of lines you have? Have a Part Number handy for it?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DERTY
Marty, You need to make sure that the lines you have are first and foremost rated for 1200 to 1500 PSI+ on the nitrous side and rated for your fuel pressure. The PTFE lines are rated that high in conjunction with the fittings that Elite Hot Rod mentioned, which are the same ones I have pictured. It's a three piece fitting instead of a standard two piece. When you cut the lines you put the nut onto the line. Then you separate the braid from the teflon and shove the brass flare in between there. Shove the fitting in and tighten it up.

If you are asking if you can use a standard wire braided rubber hose to get the job done, the answer on the nitrous side is a resounding NO. Rubber hose at the most is only rated up to a couple hundred PSI if I remember right. You could use it for the fuel, but the fittings look completely different. That being the case, do you know what type of lines you have? Have a Part Number handy for it?
Thanks very much guys! I saw that jegs has NOS brand lines with ends already on them, I think I'm just gonna buy some of those, because I am not sure about the origin of my hoses. Also what size jets do I need to make a 75 wet shot?

Thanks again,
Marty