Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trying to finish up my kit...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to finish up my kit...

just got done wiring up my dry kit. only curveball it threw me was that the NOS window switch has to be in 4 cylinder mode to read the tach signal right. didnt expect that but it was reading exactly half in 8 cyl mode so i got that figured out.

now that i have everything done, i would like to test the system before i take it to get tuned. i feel like this is a dumb question, but how can i test it since im running a window switch?

if i wasnt using the controller for the tps as well, i would just run a jumper wire to bypass the rpm and be able to test it without the car running, but is there any way i can do so?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same predicament when I tested my very first install many years ago, except I was using the NX Maximizer. I had a wet shot so I had to test two things: fuel and nitrous. I went for a drive with tiny jets (in case one solenoid didn't fire). After a short WOT blast, I pulled over and touched the nozzle to see if it was cold. It was. And then pulled it out and smelled for fuel. Yeah, it smelled. Then I upped the shot. For a dry shot, you can probably just direct the spray into the air and rev the engine up while parked.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:25 AM
12 Second Club

It was late and I wasn't thinking last night. I'll just pop the lid off and direct the nozzle away from the car, set the window switch to like 1500 rpms and run the car for a short time without the filter
Old 03-22-2012, 09:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you have a MSD windowswitch I assume you have a WOT Switch. Set the rpm activation at about 2000 rpms. With the nitrous bottle off take the fuel line loose from the nozzle and hold it in a can. Have a buddy in the car and with the car running hold the wot switch down with your finger as your buddy brings the car up to rpm. Once it reaches 2000 rpms it should click solenoids on flowing fuel into the can.

Dave
Old 03-22-2012, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Since you have a MSD windowswitch I assume you have a WOT Switch. Set the rpm activation at about 2000 rpms. With the nitrous bottle off take the fuel line loose from the nozzle and hold it in a can. Have a buddy in the car and with the car running hold the wot switch down with your finger as your buddy brings the car up to rpm. Once it reaches 2000 rpms it should click solenoids on flowing fuel into the can.

Dave
Lol I feel like this was intended to confuse me. It's a dry kit and a NOS controller with tps. I tested it today with the engine running and the rpm window set very low. Solenoid fired so we are good to go.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LOL. I dont know why I was thinking I read MSD windosw switch...

Well if your good thats what counts.
Dave