Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the leak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where is the leak?

I know the leak is coming from the bottle or the hose that connects to the bottle. I know for a fact its a leak because i can easily smell it when i get into the car. They put nitrogen in the tank and said they got it up to 110psi and they couldnt find any leaks meaning the shop that sells me the nitrous. Is there a light or anything i can use to show me were the leak is coming from. Its so slight it doesnt hiss, it takes days if not over a couple of weeks to leak out and even then i have alot of nitrous left. It smells up the car and would be nice not to waist any nitrous. Is there a simple way of figuring it out?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well today i fill up the bathtub and put the bottle in there to see if i can find any bubbles and NOTHING. So there is no leak from the bottle anywere seems like it could be the 14ft hose that connects to the bottle could be leaking from the connection maybe. I think it only leaks whats left in the line after i close the bottle.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you leaving the line pressurized while not in use? After my runs I always close the bottle and purge the line so there's not constant pressure on the solenoids. I figure the cost of the lost nitrous is small compared to a solenoid failure.

Take a spray bottle and mix it with 4 parts water and 1 part liquid soap. Put pressure on the line and spray the mix on it. If it's leaking even a tiny bit, you'll be able to see the solution bubble. It's saved me a lot of time and headaches. Just make sure the line has pressure on it and you clean it aftewards so no soap or water gets in the line.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should not be leaving the bottle open like that. It will loose pressure over a period of time. If you can smell it that you have abad leak somewhere and you should do like Golf&gm suggested and check the system with soapy water is a squirt bottle.
Dave