Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing system with a nos mini controler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Testing system with a nos mini controler?

How would I test my new sysyem. Nitrous outlet plate set-up and I am using a nos mini controler instead of a WOT switch. I just want to know the solenoids are activating? Just running one stage on controler, No where in the instructions for controler did it say how to test system?
Old 04-13-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASHOOTER
How would I test my new sysyem. Nitrous outlet plate set-up and I am using a nos mini controler instead of a WOT switch. I just want to know the solenoids are activating? Just running one stage on controler, No where in the instructions for controler did it say how to test system?
Many ways to do this. here is one:

NITROUS SOLENOID:
1. Hook up your nitrous line to the nitrous solenoid, turn on the bottle, then turn it back off. (pressurize the line).

2. Set the RPM activate window to a very low number like 1000rpm or even ZERO if you want to deactivate the window and test w/engine off.

3. Leave the fuel solenoid disconnected or at least no fuel going to it.

4. Bring RPM > 1000rpm and watch for a burst of nitrous from the out port of the solenoid. You can alternatively deactivate the RPM window and test w/engine off. (To deactivate window, hook green wire temp to ground rather than rpm signal and set the window from .00 to .99)

FUEL SOLENOID TEST:

1. Disconnect the Nitrous line. You dont' want nitrous unless you have fuel coming in.

2. Either put the out port of the solenoid line in a clear plastic jug or something or you can take the car for a drive and wait for it to fall on its face after you hit the trigger point. (you will need to be able to detect the rich condition)

Note, just hearing the solenoids click doesn't always mean they are working.

Have fun. I have that controller and it works really well.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I will try that today

It worked!!!!

Last edited by FASHOOTER; 04-14-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Testing system with a nos mini controler?