Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing effect fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Timing effect fuel?

My car was running too rich on 150 shot wet 10.7-10.9 a/f. So after changing jets and going back and forth figured it has to be timing. Because the tune was originally for a 125 shot dry and i had a bit of extra fuel added for the dry shot since it was running a tad lean.

Now that im able to tune for fuel through jetting even on a 75 shot fuel jetting using a 150 shot nitrous jetting im running rich. One thing i do want to say is the car runs EXCELLENT on 125 shot WET its only when i step up on the nitrous jet to 150 that everything goes to hell and figuring it has to be timing and timing needs to be pulled for the 150 wet shot. What do you guys think. Appreciate any imput, i got my spare computer from Frost and sending mine to him to get timing pulled and pull out some fuel as well.

Im in no way an expert in nitrous its just the only explanation i can come up with. The solenoid is rated up to a 150 shot either way and its just your basic LS1 kit from Dyno Tune Nitrous. By the way unlike HSW and others ive used the Dyno Tune Nitrous is very reliable in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its not timing. Adding timing with it being that rich is a good way to tear **** up...

Get the AFR to at least 12 flat, and then start reading the plugs.