Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel injectors/pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default fuel injectors/pump

98 t/a...lid, 85mm TB, 85mm intake, full exhaust (soon to be Frost tune)

im looking at spraying a 125 wet shot and was wondering if i will be okay on stock injectors and pump? i will be using a LNC2000 to pull the needed timing until i get ahold and learn a HPtuner.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A wet shot doesnt need injectors & a lot of guys are sprayin more than a 125 on stock pumps The LNC2000 is all you need to pull timing You can learn tuning for future upgrades IF you were sprayin a DRY shot then youd need upgrades Hell I know a few people that have spayed 100 on a stock tune & no timing pulled I wouldnt do that for long though lol If you read all the stickies on here & a few other sites itll help you tremendously
Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by warriorcustoms
A wet shot doesnt need injectors & a lot of guys are sprayin more than a 125 on stock pumps The LNC2000 is all you need to pull timing You can learn tuning for future upgrades IF you were sprayin a DRY shot then youd need upgrades Hell I know a few people that have spayed 100 on a stock tune & no timing pulled I wouldnt do that for long though lol If you read all the stickies on here & a few other sites itll help you tremendously
man, your awsome. you have helped a ton already. lol. im working my way through the stickies but i can't commit to sitting down and reading them all at once. i have been reading 1 or 2 a day though. hah
Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

you should be ok. Stock pumps can make it up to around 450 whp.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

How many miles are your pump. You should be fine. Down the road I would switch it out. On the 98 the pump is toward the back seat and 99 to 02 is toward the rear hatch. I just cut a panel and put hinges on it. There is a youtube video I found where it shows you how to cut and pull it out. FYI
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
How many miles are your pump. You should be fine. Down the road I would switch it out. On the 98 the pump is toward the back seat and 99 to 02 is toward the rear hatch. I just cut a panel and put hinges on it. There is a youtube video I found where it shows you how to cut and pull it out. FYI
125K. im guessing stock pump. i have no problem replacing if it is needed..
Old 05-18-2012, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

That many miles Id replace it with a walbro 255lph or a 340lph Depending on future mods LoL Because everyone does goin fast is like a drug A lil wont do it Theres guys on here that know more than me If I were you Id get the Nitrous Outlet ashtray switch panel & all the accy to round that out & stay with 100ish till you get that down really good Then step it up to a 150 When yer comfy with that do 100 x2 & call it good lol That way you dont need a progressive controller to ramp it up off the line Thats why I mentioned getting a dual stage window switch & I bout bet ya youll end up usin the zex for a spare bottle to swap out & end up with noids off of here from NX or Nitrous Outlet A dude told me Youll be hooked cause that ***** like cocaine lol He went from 100 to to 175 plates on his old bbc chevelle lol