Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to finish my install... have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting ready to finish my install... have a few questions

I'm getting ready to install everything. I have almost everything laid out on paper and am ready to put it in, but I have a few questions before I start running the wiring. So, I'm open to opinions.

Here is what I will be running:
TNT F1 with 100hp jets(will start with the 75s for tuning)
NX Purge, Heater, Switch Panel, Remote Opener, downpipe, FPSS
MSD Window Switch(3200 on to 6400 off) shift at 6200
Rev Limiter set at 6600
Autometer Cobalt Fuel/Nitrous Pressure gauges(remote)
Stock Timing/PE/Injector Tables
Stock 2000 26#/hr injectors
Stock Fuel Pump

I have two questions befor I put everything in.
1. With the mods in my sig, plus the TNT @ 100hp jetting, should I step up to a racetronics in-tank setup? If I test it with the stock pump, at what PSI should I look for problems with keeping enough pressure in the fuel rails?

2. For those with the NX Remote Opener... Got the kit used. There is no relay. The only wires are the two from the motor. Do I just run these two to the NX switch panel, or do I need to supply power from the battery via a relay. I have the instructions in PDF for both the panel and remote, but they are sort of conflicting. Can anyone tell me if I can just supply power/ground to the Opener switch and then run the two out lines to the opener without using a relay, or does the opener put too much of a load on that setup without a relay?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-12-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

MSD Window Switch(3200 on to 6400 off) shift at 6200
Rev Limiter set at 6600
BAD DECISION HERE....the window switch should be (3200 to 6200) shift @ 6400 w/ur rev limiter set @ 6600 that way ur spray turns off BEFORE you shift.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoSeY
BAD DECISION HERE....the window switch should be (3200 to 6200) shift @ 6400 w/ur rev limiter set @ 6600 that way ur spray turns off BEFORE you shift.
Not a problem. Thats easy to change. I'll just pill the shift light for 6200, same as the MSD. By the time I react, the juice will be off.

Also, just saw your response to Rob's fuel post.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-13-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't have one yet but to my knowledge no relay is required for an opener. Just the noids and heater.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Launching!

The NX opener needs normal and reverse polarity. One polarity opens, the other closes. I believe NX has the schematics on their site for the opener. Just buy the correct relay and wire it up.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Just got the remote figured out. The problem was that I was looking at the diagrams for both the switch panel and the remote. In the remote instructions, there is a figure which looks like its a diagram of a relay, but its actually the back of the switch that is included in the kit, which I'm not going to use, as I have the NX switch panel. After supplying pwer(x2) and ground(x2) to the switch, there are only the two lines runing out to the remote, connected directly to it.

Thanks,

Mike