Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IMPORTANT NXL information

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default IMPORTANT NXL information

A friend of mine is a NX dealer and he called today about the accumulator for the NXL kit. Josh at 1-800-GOFAST1 said if the customer calls with their invoice number from the kit he can get the accumulator to your door for $50.00. After the end of this month it will go up in cost to $200.00, so you should order it ASAP.

Not trying to advertise. Just an FYI for you to call your NX dealer and get one ASAP.

Chris
Old 04-15-2004, 09:08 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the stupidest thing I have ever heard....$50 to $200...I had beter order three or four to be safe...if this is accurate then NX Express should have their nuts kicked a lot.

SDB
Old 04-15-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need your dealer to contact them.

My dealer had sold 2, and thats all that nx allowed him to purchase.

I was going to pick one up, as they really are a good idea for any wet kit, due to the ghetto returnless/return style fuel system the ls1 uses.

the $50 is being sold under cost to the owners who have the kit, as a fix. its the first time nx has done something decent customer service to my knowledge, lol.

Ryan
Old 04-15-2004, 10:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Decent" cutomer service?????
Try aking a kit that works as advertised, that does not instantly lean out the car, AND is safe....and NOT charging additional money to the customer on top of the $1200 originally charged!

I have had a NX kit in the past and have a GM MAF kit now, but this is the stupidest thing I have heard of...

Hey we made this kit, hyped it everywhere, shipped it out a yar late, and it doesnt work right, so we made a "fix" that we want you to buy and put on it so it doesnt kill your motor!!!! Unreal.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they could just charge $200 for it, for everybody.

They're not known for their customer service, for the reasons you listed. They've charged people for missing parts for years, ect, they're not the "warm fuzzy feeling" company at all....

The kit itself, is not the full cause of the problem. the LS1's ghetto returnless/return system is the other problem with the kit. Combined it makes for a dangerous dip.

but any kit, you get a little dip, as this is why the FPSS gets such a bad reputation, due to the dip, it was/is just something that most people don't know about, or pay attention to, as it is not nearly as bad as the dip caused by the nxl kit.

Ryan