Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous on a supercharged car

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous on a supercharged car

I drive a Honda. Now that I got that out of the way, I have a couple questions about nitrous. You v8 guys have a lot more experience with nitrous than most of the Honda crowd, so there is very little useful knowledge on those message boards.

Some background info - I have an S2000 with an aftercooled Paxton Novi 1200 charger making 440whp on 93 pump. I will be getting re-tuned (standalone EMS) on e85, so I expect to be over 450-460whp before spraying. I spend more time in the twisty mountain roads than on the strip or highway, so I won't need any more power most of the time. Enter nitrous...

I'm looking for advice on nozzle location. I've heard several theories. First, spraying before the charger supposedly acts like a two stage air compressor - compressing the air that's already compressed, increasing efficiency (and obviously lowering IATs also). I've also heard that spraying right after the aftercooler is the best due to reducing intake temps, because it has more time to cool the already compressed air as opposed to spraying into the throttle body or manifold. Anybody have experience/knowledge regarding this?

As far as I know, the only other option for a 4 cylinder is direct port, which I am also considering. If the benefit of spraying the nitrous upstream from the intake manifold isn't huge, I'll probably go this route. Using a nozzle setup pretty much limits me to about a 75 shot before equal cylinder distribution becomes a worry on a small 4 cylinder. I'm looking for 550-600whp. Any help is appreciated!

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, if/when I sell my car, a C5 Z06 will be replacing it.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would just put the nozzle before the throttle body if using a single nozzle.

Quick Reply: nitrous on a supercharged car